Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday, October 24th


Had a "doggie" day today! Rissa and I went to a 4th grade class in Bar Harbor. They have a week called the "Business of Reading" - folks in the community come to a class and read to the kids and talk about why reading is important in their job. 3 READer dog teams (in picture) participated. I read a book about a nurse that has a therapy dog - duh!! Rissa teased the kids while I read - she laid on her back- belly up - wagging her tail while I read. SO - 15 minutes into my 30 minute time slot - the kids broke out of their seats to pat Rissa. 8 kids got to be around her and then we switched to the other 8 kids. They looked at her photo album - we talked about her life as a show dog, her being a dog scout plus they saw pictures of the kids she reads with in Tremont. Their favorite pictures were her and her puppies though. I have a nice picture of Rissa with the class for her album - not posting on here. That's Sandy with Boomer(golden ret) and MJ with Kelvin (Chesapeake Bay Ret).
After class this morning - I took Timber in to visit patients/staff at the hospital - we saw 8 and many, many of the staff. I received a donation of 20 books for my READer kids from Ruth at work! What a treat! Timber decided that one of the patients needed a bed buddy and hopped right in bed with her to snuggle... She has never done that... I figured she knew that this woman needed a closer visit then her beside the bed. It really was quite cute. I then took Rissa in to see our folks at the retirement village... as usually - she loves going and they love to see her.

No comments: